event hq – 3-1-5 health club – lancaster – la1 3pe (m6 junc 34)
distance – 63 miles / 102 km
ascent – 5736 ft / 1749 m
the raptor ride starts on the riverside cycle-path on the outskirts of lancaster, you will follow the river lune to the small village of caton, where you will head inland and towards remote forest of bowland area.
you are soon riding among little visited hillsides as you head towards the village of chipping, with its cafes, toilets and pubs that are so popular with local cyclists. shortly after leaving the village you will find yourself grinding up the challenging ascent of jeffery hill that leads to the upland longridge fell and the feed station.
the ride now heads towards the very centre of britain – the phone box on the village green of dunsop bridge – via the sustained ascent of waddington fell. again there a few cafes and handy toilets in the village and once back on the road the notorious ascent of the trough of bowland awaits.
the route now follows some of the many quite country lanes back towards caton, via the awesome jubilee tower and one final challenge of riding up and over littledale. the river lune, lancaster and the finish now awaits with a chance to relax and reflect on your big day out.
- free secure parking on tarmac car park
- on site toilets inside 3-1-5 health club
- rider registration in the club entrance on the day
- friendly team of experienced marshals and helpers
- public liability insurance
- 1 x fully equipped ambulance staffed by 2 x professional paramedics
- gpx files of route sent out with event day information e mail in week before the event
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- fully way-marked with distinctive arrows and safety signs throughout
- 1 x feed station around half way
- cafes, pubs, shops and toilets en route
- riders times published online post event
- free post ride photos available post event
- broom wagons on standby to retrieve broken bikes and riders
- chill out area in finish area to relax post ride
- free post ride sports massage by local specialist
- goody bag for every finisher containing certificate of completion, muffin and recovery drink powder
- souvenir event medal + car stickers available for purchase with online entry
- special discounted use of health clubs showers, saunas, steam rooms, jacuzzi and pool