event hq – 3-1-5 health club – lancaster – la1 3pe (m6 junc 34)
distance – 66 miles / 106 km
ascent – 4380 ft / 1335 m
The Boxer ride starts on the riverside cycle-path on the outskirts of Lancaster, you will follow quiet country lanes that wind their way north and into the south lakes area.
rather than heading towards the bigger ascents of the region, the route takes a sneaky cut through using some of the back roads known by local cyclists that lead to Staveley village and the feed station.
on leaving the village our ride now heads towards the coast and the seaside village of arnside, with its choice of cafes and ice cream vendors. once back in the saddle, several final ascents await en route back to the finish area in Lancaster.
- free secure parking on tarmac car park
- on site toilets inside 3-1-5 health club
- rider registration in the club entrance on the day
- friendly team of experienced marshals and helpers
- public liability insurance
- 1 x fully equipped ambulance staffed by 2 x professional paramedics
- gpx files of route sent out with event day information e mail in week before the event
- quiet roads and lanes throughout
- fully way-marked with distinctive arrows and safety signs throughout
- 1 x feed station around half way
- cafes, pubs, shops and toilets en route
- riders times published online post event
- free post ride photos available post event
- broom wagons on standby to retrieve broken bikes and riders
- chill out area in finish area to relax post ride
- goody bag for every finisher containing certificate of completion, muffin and recovery drink powder
- souvenir event medal + car stickers available for purchase with online entry
- special discounted use of health clubs showers, saunas, steam rooms, Jacuzzi and pool